A full membership in the World Association for Disaster and Emergency Medicine includes the following:
- An annual print/electronic subscription to Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, WADEM's scientific journal (a $167 value);
- Access to the entire digital archive of Prehospital and Disaster Medicine (28 Volumes) through Cambridge Journals Online;
- Discounts on WADEM educational products such as International Disaster Nursing and Guidelines for Evaluation and Research;
- Registration discounts for the WCDEMs and other WADEM-sponsored meetings and events:
- 20 percent discount on the Cambridge University Press book catalogue;
- E- membership card; and
- Voting privileges on WADEM business matters and election of the Board of Directors.
Annual fees pay for a 12-month membership in WADEM and are determined based on the member's annual income. Please see the table below to determine your membership rate. You can complete the WADEM Membership Application and mail or fax it to the WADEM International Office. Also, you can apply and pay online through WADEM's secure PayPal page by clicking on the links below.
|Category||Annual Membership Fee||Annual Income|
|Category 1||$205 USD||More than $40,000 USD|
|Category 2||$140 USD||Between $10,000 and $40,000 USD|
|Category 3||$95 USD||Less than $10,000 USD|
|Category 4||$50 USD||*Electronic Membership for Students, Individuals in Professional Training Programs, & Members with Limited Resources|
*An electronic membership is available as an alternate membership for students, retirees, individuals in professional training programs, and members with limited resources. This electronic membership does not include a print subscription to Prehospital and Disaster Medicine.
WADEM uses PayPal for Online Payment of Annual Membership Dues
You do not need a PayPal Account in order to remit payment. You are able to simply pay with any of the credit cards listed below.
Select the Membership Category (based on your annual income from the table above) from the Drop Down Menu and click on either the "Renew Membership" or "Join WADEM" button. This will take you to WADEM's secure PayPal webpage.
PayPal generally requires you to provide the mailing address on file with your credit card company or financial institution that issued your credit card.
Please use the "Special Instructions" section in PayPal to inform us of any address updates or a different preferred mailing address.